After School Nannies (ASN) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any subsequent UK legislation covering data protection the Data Controller is Elizabeth Rackow, trading as After School Nannies South West.
This Policy sets out why ASN collects personal information and how ASN uses the information which you give us. It also explains the legal basis for this and the rights you have over the way your information is used. ASN knows that you care about the way in which your data is collected, used and stored and ASN appreciates your trust that we will do so carefully, sensibly and in accordance with the UK Data Protection laws and regulations and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
ASN may change this Policy from time to time. If ASN makes any significant changes we will advertise this on the website or contact you directly to inform you. Please check this page occasionally to make sure you are happy with any changes. ASN may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to do so.
If you have any questions about this Policy or concerning your personal information please contact Elizabeth Rackow by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 185 Earlsfield Road, London SW18 3DD.
The Personal Information ASN Collect
The type and amount of information ASN collect from you (from your registration and application forms and verbally at interview or in telephone calls) depends upon why you are providing it.
· Name, date of birth and contact details (ie addresses for past five years, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address);
· Details of education, qualifications and employment history;
· Nationality, immigration status, passport and other identification and immigration information, Tax code & NI number;
· Details of availability and job preferences;
· Racial or ethnic origin, sex and religious beliefs;
· Criminal record;
· Details of referees and previous employers
· Name and contact details (ie address, home, work and mobile telephone numbers, home and work email addresses);
· Details of nanny services required;
· Details of Children
· Racial or ethnic origin, and religious beliefs;
How ASN Collect Information
ASN may collect information from you whenever you contact us or have any involvement with us for example when you:
· Visit our website;
· Enquire about our services;
· Sign up to receive news about our services;
· Contact us in any way including online, email, telephone, SMS, social media or post
From Where Do We Get Your Information?
ASN collects information:
· From you when you give it to us directly – You may provide your details when you ask us for information or contact us for any other reason;
· When you use our website – When you use our website information about you is recorded and stored. ASN do not currently analyse any information stored; however, we may do so in the future;
· When it is available on social media – Depending on your settings or the privacy policies applying for social media and messaging services you use, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
How ASN Will Use Your Information
ASN may use your personal information in a number of ways which reflect the legal basis applying to processing of your data. These may include:
· Providing you with the information or services for which you have asked;
· Processing your application;
· Carrying out our obligations under any contract between us;
· Seeking your views on the services or activities ASN undertakes so that we can make improvements;
· Maintaining our organisational records and ensuring our records are up-to-date and that we know how you prefer to be contacted;
· Analysing the operation of our website and analysing your website behaviour to improve the website and its usefulness;
· Detecting and preventing fraud.
ASN’s Legal Basis For Processing Your Information
ASN will ensure that any use of personal information is lawful and justified by at least one of the conditions for processing such data set out in the GDPR:
· Where you have provided information to us for the purposes of requesting information or requesting that ASN carry out a service for you, we will proceed on the basis that you have given consent to us using the information for that purpose, based on the way that you provided the information to us. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your information prior to your withdrawal of consent being received and acted upon;
· It is necessary for us to hold and use your information so that ASN can carry out our obligations under a contract entered into with you or to take such steps as you may request prior to entering into a contract;
· It is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
· Where the purpose of our processing is the provision of information or services to you, ASN may also rely on the fact that it is necessary for your legitimate interests that ASN provide the information or service requested, and given that you have made the request, would presume that there is no prejudice to you in our fulfilling your request;
If you want to contact us about (or change) your preferred way for ASN to contact you please contact email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 020 8871 2211.
How ASN Keeps Your Information Safe
ASN understands the importance of maintaining the security of your personal information and takes appropriate steps to prevent it from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Access to your personal information is limited to those who have a genuine business need to know and those processing your information will do so only in a manner authorised and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Who Has Access To Your Information?
Your personal information may be accessed by:
· Elizabeth Rackow and the employees of ASN;
· Clients and Nannies in order that they make informed decisions about possible employment;
· Third parties who provide services for ASN. ASN selects our third-party service providers with care. ASN provides these third parties only with the information that is necessary to provide the service and we will have an agreement in place that requires them to operate with the same care over data protection as we do;
· Analytics and search engine providers that may help us to improve our website and its use in the future and help us analyse how visitors to our website use the information.
Other than this, ASN will not share your information with other organisations without your consent.
Our Use Of “Cookies”
Please note that if you delete or disable our cookies you may experience interruptions or limited functionality in certain areas of the website.
Learn more about cookies: www.aboutcookies.org
For How Long Will ASN Keep Your Information?
ASN will hold your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of business analysis and improvement. The Limitation Act 1980 sets the limitation period for claims under contract law at six years: ASN will therefore keep your information for a minimum of six years after you have ceased to be a Client or were last registered as a Nanny or applied to be a Nanny. In the event that safeguarding issues are raised ASN may keep the information permanently for the protection of vulnerable children.
Where ASN rely on your consent to contact you for direct marketing purposes, ASN will treat your consent as lasting only for as long as it is reasonable to do so. ASN may periodically ask you to renew your consent.
If you ask us to stop contacting you with marketing or fundraising materials, ASN will keep a record of your contact details and limited information needed to ensure ASN comply with your request.
You have the right to request details of the processing activities that ASN carries out with your personal information through making a Subject Access Request. Such requests must be made in writing. There is no charge to make this request. More details about how to make a request, and the procedure to be followed are available upon request to email@example.com or by post to 185 Earlsfield Road, London SW18 3DD.
You also have the following rights:
· the right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date;
· the right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”);
· the right to restrict the way in which ASN are dealing with and using your information; and
· the right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”).
All of these rights are subject to certain safeguards and limits or exemptions, further details of which can be found in our Data Protection Policy. To exercise any of these rights, you should contact ASN at the above address.
If you are not happy with the way in which ASN have processed or dealt with your information and if we are not able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details about how to complain can be found at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/.
This Policy may be changed from time to time. If ASN makes any significant changes we will advertise this on our website or contact you directly with the information.
Updated May 2018.