What Duties will you perform as an After School Nanny?
- Pick up children from school and take them to after school activities or home.
- Supervise/help with homework and oversee play activities.
- Prepare and serve a nutritious, healthy evening meal for the children.
- Sort school bags/games kit for the next day and maybe a bit of children’s laundry.
- Help and encourage children to keep their bedrooms/playrooms clean and tidy.
- Supervise bath and bedtime for very young children.
What Do We Require From Our After School Nannies?
- Availability from 3pm onwards during term time (on average for between three and five afternoons per week) and where possible for full days during all or part of the school holidays.
- Fluent English to engage fully with the homework demands of most families.
- Previous childcare experience. This doesn’t need to be formal and you don’t need childcare qualifications. Regular babysitting, tutoring, working in summer camps are all relevant types of experience. But most important of all you’ll need to be able to show us that you genuinely like children and are interested in their development.
- An enhanced DBS (CRB) disclosure. If you do not have one we can apply for one on your behalf.
- Valid and current visa/work permit where applicable.
- Not all families need their nanny to drive but if you can it’s always welcome. If you’re going to drive for a family then we’ll need to see a clean licence.